You are here
WestGrid Newsletter - September 2016
WestGrid's newsletter for the month of September 2016 is now available to read online. This month's newsletter includes a roundup of the activities, events and user news that has made the start of fall a busy month for the WestGrid team. Stories include:
- A RAC 2017 Online Q&A Session happening on October 13 that will answer user questions about the changes to the Resource Allocation Competitions (RAC) process this year (answering key questions like "Do I need to apply to a RAC?" and "Which RAC do I apply to?". This session will also explain Compute Canada's Rapid Access Service.
- An update on the national platform renewal and the migration of users and their data to the new systems. As part of that process, new cores were recently added to the Compute Canada Cloud!
- WestGrid has begun a strategic planning process and wants user input to guide its decisions around future services, infrastructure and support.
- WestGrid is hosting its third Community Town Hall session on Tuesday, October 11. To register, click here.
- Compute Canada is seeking Junior and Senior Programmer / Analysts, as well as a DevOps Developer.
- Lots of training and outreach events planned over the coming month!