You are here
WestGrid Research Computing Summer School coming to University of Calgary May 27-30
WestGrid is bringing its four-day Research Computing Summer School to the University of Calgary (UofC) on May 27-30, 2019, hosted in partnership with UofC Research Computing Services and the Schulich School of Engineering. This training event is targeted at researchers interested in building their knowledge and skills in using advanced research computing resources. (Note: A basic / working knowledge of Linux command line usage is required for most courses.)
Courses will explore topics in:
- high performance computing (HPC)
- parallel programming
- machine learning
- scientific visualization
- research computing with Python / R / MATLAB / C / C++ / Chapel
All sessions will feature hands-on exercises, with many using Compute Canada computing resources. Researchers in all disciplines are encouraged to attend. Participants only need to register and pay once to attend as many or as few courses as they would like.
- Researcher at a WestGrid Member Institution*: $35
- Researcher at a Non-Member Institution: $45
- Public / Industry / Non-Academic: $100
* WestGrid Member Institutions include the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Saskatchewan, and University of Manitoba.
Summer School Details:
WestGrid Research Computing Summer School
University of Calgary
May 27 - 30, 2019
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (each day)
If you have questions or would like more information on this training event, please contact Alex Razoumov by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.