You are here
WestGrid Research Computing Summer School coming to University of British Columbia June 24-27
For the third year in a row, WestGrid and the University of British Columbia (UBC) Advanced Research Computing (ARC) team are co-hosting a four-day Research Computing Summer School at UBC on June 24-27, 2019. This training event is targeted at researchers interested in building their knowledge and skills in using advanced research computing resources. (Note: A basic / working knowledge of Linux command line usage is required for most courses.)
Courses will explore topics in:
- high performance computing (HPC) and parallel programming
- machine learning
- scientific visualization
- research computing with Python / MATLAB / Chapel
- next-generation sequencing
- using databases on Compute Canada clusters
All sessions will feature hands-on exercises, with many using Compute Canada computing resources. Researchers in all disciplines are encouraged to attend. Participants only need to register and pay once to attend as many or as few courses as they would like.
- Researcher at UBC, SFU, UVic or another WestGrid Member Institution*: $35
- Researcher at a Non-Member Institution: $45
- Public / Industry / Non-Academic: $55
* WestGrid Member Institutions include the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Saskatchewan, and the University of Manitoba.
Summer School Details:
WestGrid Research Computing Summer School
University of British Columbia
June 24 - 27, 2019
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (each day)
If you have questions or would like more information on this training event, please contact Alex Razoumov by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.