You are here
WestGrid Newsletter - April 2017
WestGrid's newsletter for the month of April 2017 is now available to read online. This month's newsletter includes a roundup of the regional activities and national initiatives that have kept the WestGrid team busy lately. Stories include:
- WestGrid's Executive Director, Lindsay Sill, shares a recap from the launch of Cedar, Canada's most powerful academic supercomputer.
- WestGrid has launched a community consultation to guide the formation of its new governance structure. Feedback is needed by May 22, 2017.
- WestGrid shares the results of its 2016 User Survey and how it will use that feedback to enhance its user support and services.
- Migration Reminder: Hermes / Nestor will not be available after June 1, 2017. Instructions for how to move your data & compute use off these systems can be found here.
- Compute Canada shares updated timelines for the RAC 2017 allocations and researcher access to its new national systems.
- Lots of training and outreach events planned over the coming months -- including specialized bioinformatics workshops!