You are here
WestGrid Launches Open Call for Board of Directors
As Compute Canada’s largest regional organization, WestGrid brings together computing facilities, research data management services, and a network of technical experts to meet the needs of today's researchers and lead the acceleration of research and innovation in Western Canada.
In 2016, WestGrid’s Member Council voted unanimously to move forward with incorporation to ensure the risk for the region is managed separately from Compute Canada, to adopt a governance structure inline with the other regions, and to better manage regional priorities and partnerships.
WestGrid is now ready to move forward and is launching an Open Call for it’s inaugural volunteer Board of Directors.
Directors are asked to:
- Serve a two-year renewable term;
- Sit on at least one standing subcommittee of the Board;
- Be available to attend quarterly meetings (alternating between videoconference and in person at a site in Western Canada), the annual AGM (in person), and strategic planning sessions as required (all travel expenses will be reimbursed);
- Dedicate a few hours per quarter to meeting preparation; and
- Be willing to advocate on behalf of, and promote the views of WestGrid, to secure funding, legislation and community support.
You can view the full details of the Open Call for Board Members HERE.