You are here
WestGrid hosting an online Research Computing Autumn School - Nov 2-24
WestGrid is delivering a new online Research Computing Autumn School this November. Eight courses will be delivered over eight different days and sessions will be focused around introductory or 'getting started' themes. The format will feature a combination of interactive Zoom sessions as well as pre-recorded video and reading materials.
The eight topics are:
- Bash command line (Nov 2)
- Version control with Git (Nov 3)
- High performance computing (Nov 9)
- Basics of Python (Nov 10)
- Deep learning with PyTorch (Nov 16)
- Parallel programming in Chapel (Nov 17)
- Scientific programming in Julia (Nov 23)
- 3D scientific visualization (Nov 24)
All materials, schedule, and course descriptions can be found on the Autumn School website (still under development):
There are two categories of registration. WestGrid's mandate is to serve and support institutions and researchers based in Western Canada and we thus offer discounted workshop rates to anyone based at or affiliated with WestGrid's seven Member Institutions. All registrants can attend as many or as few courses as they would like.
- WestGrid Member Institutions*: $20
*This registration category is open to anyone based at or affiliated with one of WestGrid's seven Member Institutions: the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria, University of Calgary, University of Alberta, University of Saskatchewan, and University of Manitoba.
- Non-Member Academic Institutions*: $30
This registration category is open anyone based at or affiliated with any other Canadian post-secondary institution.
Who should participate
- Anyone based at or affiliated with a Canadian post-secondary institution.
- All research disciplines and skill levels are welcome to register.
Registration for this event is not open to researchers / students who are not affiliated with a Canadian university, but you are welcome to browse our Training Materials site for instructional videos and exercises on these topics or to contact us at email@example.com for additional or customized training.
If you have questions, please contact us for more information.