You are here
WestGrid announces 2018 Research Computing Summer Schools for UBC and UManitoba
This June, WestGrid is hosting Research Computing Summer Schools at the University of British Columbia (June 11-14) and the University of Manitoba (June 25-28). Courses will explore introductory and advanced topics in:
- high performance computing
- cloud computing
- parallel programming using Chapel
- scientific visualization
- .....and more!
All research disciplines and experience levels are welcome to participate.
Schedules & Session Details
Full Summer School schedules and session details can be found at the links below:
For one registration fee, participants can attend as many courses as they would like. Light refreshments are provided during the day, but attendees are responsible for their own lunches.
- Researcher @ WestGrid Member Institution*: $35
- Researcher @ Non-Member Institution: $45
- Public / Industry / Non-Academic: $55
*WestGrid Member institutions include the University of British Columbia, Simon Fraser University, University of Victoria, University of Alberta, University of Calgary, University of Saskatchewan, and University of Manitoba.
Who Should Attend
- Anyone interested in building knowledge and skills for computational research
- All research disciplines and skill levels are welcome to register
- Any course listed as "Introduction to..." does not require any pre-requisite skills or knowledge.
- All academic participants (university faculty, students and staff) must have a Compute Canada account. To register for a Compute Canada account, click here. Non-academic registrants will be provided a temporary guest account.
If you have questions about either Summer School, please contact Alex Razoumov - firstname.lastname@example.org - or visit the event pages linked above.