You are here
WestGrid Presenting Workshops at UVic on Programming Tools & Techniques for Small & Big Data
From February to May, WestGrid staff at the University of Victoria will be hosting a series of free workshops that cover a wide spectrum of techniques and tools to help researchers deal with small and big data challenges. Each session will include hands-on exercises.
Full Series Schedule:
- Introduction to Big Data Hadoop Ecosystems: Hadoop, HBase, and Spark
Thursday, Feb 11, from 1:30 - 4:30 PM
- Introduction to Big Data Analytics Using Spark
Thursday Mar 10, from 1:30 - 4:30 PM
- Introduction to Julia
Thursday Mar 24, from 1:30 - 4:30 PM
- Introduction to Coarse-Grain Parallelization using Julia, OpenMP and MPI
Thursday Apr 7, from 1:30 - 4:30 PM * Rescheduled to September / October 2016. Dates to be confirmed in Fall. *
- Introduction to Fine-Grain Parallelization using OpenACC and CUDA
Thursday May 5, from 1:30 - 4:30 PM * Rescheduled to September / October 2016. Dates to be confirmed in Fall. *
You may attend one or all of the sessions in the series. Space is limited, so registration is required for any session you plan to attend.
- There are no workstations in ECS 660, so participants must bring a laptop of their own to use during the session.
- Basic programming knowledge is required to participate in the hands-on exercises. If you have questions about what specific knowledge or skill is required, please contact Belaid Moa.
You do not need to be a current WestGrid account holder to participate in this workshop. Any researcher who is interested in learning more about advanced programming is invited to attend. All disciplines are welcome.
For more information, please contact Belaid Moa, Advanced Research Computing Specialist, University of Victoria.