You are here
University of Alberta Research Computing Spring Bootcamp - April 29 - May 3
Does your research rely on computing, or are you curious about research data management and other library-assisted research topics? Then join University of Alberta IST and the Libraries from April 29 to May 3 for their Research Computing Spring Bootcamp!
This week-long event is designed for faculty members, students, postdoctoral fellows, and other researchers across campus. Registrants can partake in workshops on a variety of research computing topics, such as Python, HPC clusters, data management planning, and more!
Registration is free and open to all. Anyone who wishes to learn more about research computing is welcome to attend.
Workshops / Sessions
- An Introduction to Command Line Basics: UNIX Shell
- Introduction to Python, Pandas, and Plotting
- HPC: Shell
- HPC: Essentials
- HPC: Beyond
- Intermediate Python: Parallelism
- Intermediate Python: Plotting
- Introduction to OpenRefine
- Data Management Plans & Using the Portage DMP Assistant
- An Introduction to Dataverse: Supporting Research Data Deposit, Access, and Preservation
- ....and more!
For complete event details and to register for the sessions, please visit the event website: