You are here
Major upgrade & expansion of Cedar: Week-long downtime planned for March 16-22, 2020
The Cedar supercomputer will be offline and unavailable during March 16-22, 2020 as part of a major system expansion and upgrade. During this week-long downtime, the Cedar team will be adding 768 compute nodes (36864 cores) and 192 GPU nodes (768 GPU cards), as well as:
- upgrading BIOS and firmware of compute nodes and network switches
- upgrading the operating system
- upgrading the file system software and storage controller firmware
- upgrading the network drivers
- modifying the scheduling software
- benchmarking the new system
Cedar will be unavailable starting at 6:00 am (Pacific time) on March 16 and is expected to be available again on March 23 (time TBD). Please refer to https://status.computecanada.ca/ during the downtime for further status updates. You can also follow @CanadaCompute on Twitter to receive live updates of system status changes.
All jobs that are still running at the start of the downtime will be terminated and need to be resubmitted once the system is back online. We apologize for any inconvenience this downtime may cause.
If you have questions regarding the upcoming downtime, please email email@example.com.