You are here
WestGrid Fall 2017 Training Sessions: Introductory & Specialized Topics in Advanced Research Computing
Year-round, WestGrid offers training in a variety of Advanced Research Computing (ARC) areas -- from introductory sessions to more advanced and specialized topics. We took a break over the summer months, but our online training is back for Fall 2017 with a series of sessions exploring tools and methods for supporting your research with ARC!
Click on the titles for full session details or visit our Training Page for more information on these and other upcoming sessions. Other in-person / campus-based events will also be announced in the weeks to come.
- TUES, SEPT 19 - Supercomputing in Canada: An Intro to Compute Canada & WestGrid
- THUR, SEPT 21 - Tools for Handling Big Data & Computing Demands in Humanities & Social Science Research
- TUES, SEPT 26 - HPC Basics: Introduction to Using Linux
- WED, SEPT 27 - Bioinformatics Series: Benchmarking of Variant Callers & Analysis Tools
- THUR, SEPT 28 - Using Compute Canada: How to Submit Jobs & Move Data on a Supercomputer
- TUES, OCT 03 - Data Visualization on Compute Canada's Supercomputers
- THUR, OCT 05 - Intro to Parallel Programming for Shared Memory Machines: Hands-on OpenMP
- TUES OCT 24 - THUR OCT 26 - Scheduling & Job Management: How to Get the Most from a Cluster
- WED, NOV 01 - Introduction to Classical Molecular Dynamics Simulations
- TUES, NOV 21 - Exploring Containerization with Singularity
If you have any questions, or would like to suggest a training topic for our Spring season (January - April 2018), please contact us.