You are here
Job Opportunity: ACENET seeking a Chief Technology Officer
ACENET is seeking a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to join its Executive Management Team. The CTO is a key leadership position in the organization, responsible for the development and execution of ACENET’s research support and digital infrastructure services.
Reporting to ACENET’s Chief Executive Officer, the CTO manages a technical team of 14 research support, system administration, and cybersecurity staff. The CTO works closely with ACENET senior management, advisory committees, member institutions in Atlantic Canada, clients, and partner Advanced Research Computing organizations across Canada.
This is a full-time contract position with expectation of renewal in 2022. Salary is commensurate with experience. ACENET, in discussion with the successful candidate, will locate this position at one of our partner university campuses in: Antigonish, NS; Halifax, NS; Fredericton, NB; Charlottetown, PE; or St. John’s, NL.
- Lead the development and delivery of ACENET’s technical operations and research support services
- Work as a key participant in ACENET’s strategic and business planning efforts
- Lead strategic initiatives and projects consistent with the organization’s strategic plan and develop short- and long-term goals to deliver these initiatives and projects, including the development of plans, policies and practices where these do not currently exist
- Lead, manage, and ensure the continued professional development of ACENET’s technical team
- In collaboration with the CEO, establish performance indicators for ACENET’s technical and research support services, ensuring ongoing measurement and reporting
- Manage relationships with and service delivery to industry clients
- Maintain productive relationships with ACENET’s technology suppliers and partners
- Represent ACENET on relevant national committees and working groups, and ensure communication of relevant activities and decisions with the ACENET team.
- Support the CEO in developing materials for the Board as well as other assigned duties that will properly inform the Board
- Maintain a good understanding of the broad digital research infrastructure landscape nationally and internationally
- Work closely with an active and engaged ACENET Research Directorate and other relevant advisory and stakeholder groups
Candidate shortlisting will begin on 6 January 2020, though applications will continue to be accepted until the position is filled.
For more information and links to apply online, visit our Careers page.