You are here
Information Session @ University of Victoria: Compute Canada Cloud & RAC 2020 - October 18
On October 18, WestGrid and the University of Victoria's Research Computing team are co-hosting an information + Q&A session on key resources available to support research, including national cloud computing, HPC, and data storage resources. University of Victoria faculty, students, and staff are invited to bring their lunch to attend all or part(s) of the agenda.
- 10:00 - 11:00 am
Accelerate your research using the Compute Canada Cloud
- 11:00 am - 12:30 pm
Compute Canada Resource Allocation Competitions (RAC) - Best practices & submission tips
- 12:30 - 1:00 pm
Question & Answer (Q&A) session
Who Should Attend
- Any researcher interested in learning more about Compute Canada's cloud computing resources, resource allocation process, and/or the other research computing resources and expertise available at the University of Victoria
- Previous Compute Canada RAC applicants who are interested in improving their RAC application this year
What is RAC?
Each fall, Compute Canada invites researchers across Canada from all disciplines to apply to its annual Resource Allocation Competitions (RAC). If your research requires large-scale computing, cloud computing, data management, or data storage resources, your project could benefit from the RAC.
This RAC information session wil cover:
- The upcoming RAC details and submission requirements
- Changes / updates from last year (i.e. new scoring levels & criteria)
- Tips for writing a strong RAC application
- Support available (i.e. technical consultations & needs justification)
- Research computing services & support available at the University of Victoria
If you have any questions about Compute Canada's cloud computing resources, resource allocation processes, or general questions about research computing at the University of Victoria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.