You are here
2018 Resource Allocation Competitions Now Open -- Apply By Nov 16
Compute Canada is now accepting applications to its annual Resource Allocation Competitions (RAC): the Resources for Research Groups (RRG) Competition and the Research Platforms and Portals (RPP) Competition
These competitions are open to all researchers based at Canadian academic institutions who are eligible to apply for funding to the federal granting agencies. Applications are evaluated for both technical feasibility and scientific excellence. Researchers who need more resources than are available through the Rapid Access Service (RAS) are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
- All proposals must be submitted electronically through the Compute Canada DataBase (CCDB) by Thursday, November 16, 2017 at 10:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- If this is your first time applying to the Resource Allocation Competitions, we strongly encourage you to consult with the Compute Canada technical staff responsible for the systems you intend to use. If you do not know the appropriate technical staff, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please note: an updated Canadian Common CV is required for the submission of an RPP or an RRG application. Please consult the Compute Canada CCV Submission Guide for further instructions.
WestGrid Office Hours: RAC 2018
Tuesday, October 31, 2017
12:00 - 12:30 pm Pacific
Click here to RSVP
Have questions about the RAC process or how to apply? WestGrid Support Staff will host an online Office Hours to answer all questions, including:
- Should I apply to the RAC or can I use the Rapid Access Service?
- Which competition should I apply to?
- What kinds of resources are available to request?
- I had a RAC allocation last year, do I need to re-apply?
- How can I make my application stronger / more successful?
Compute Canada RAC Q&A Sessions
(Online only, English presentation with English Q&A)
(Online and in person, French presentation with bilingual Q&A)
Wednesday, October 11
12:00 – 1:30 pm Eastern (EDT)
Friday, October 13
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm Eastern (EDT)
- RRG Application Guide
- RPP Application Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Technical Glossary
- CCV Submission Guide
Competition criteria and submission guidelines are available on the Compute Canada website. If you have any questions about whether your resource needs fit within the competitions or if you need to consult with someone about your application, please email email@example.com.
You can also bring your RAC 2018 questions to the next WestGrid Town Hall on Friday, October 13 from 9:00 - 10:00 am PDT. Register here for more details.