You are here
SUNDIALS (Suite of Nonlinear and Differential/Algebraic Equation Solvers)
Table of Contents
SUNDIALS is a suite of programs (developed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory) including:
- CVODE - Solver for stiff and non-stiff initial-value problems for systems of ordinary differential equations
- CVODES - Similar to CVODE with added sensitivity analysis.
- IDA - A general purpose solver for initial-value problems involving systems of differential-algebraic equations.
- IDAS - An extension to IDA to include sensitivity analysis.
- KINSOL - A general-purpose non-linear system solver
See the description menu at the SUNDIALS site for a few paragraphs about each program.
SUNDIALS is distributed with a MATLAB interface, but, due to licensing considerations this would probably not be useful and has not been installed.
See the Software Versions tab for a list of WestGrid systems on which SUNDIALS has been installed.
This is open-source software distributed under a fairly liberal BSD-style license shown here.
Example programs are distributed with the software and manuals are available under the documentation menu at the SUNDIALS site.
For the installation on the WestGrid system on Parallel, the example programs in the directory /global/software/sundials/sundials250/examples each include a Makefile that shows how the corresponding program can be built.
SUNDIALS programs use the Message Passing Interface (MPI) for parallelization. See the WestGrid Running Jobs page for example job scripts for running MPI-based code.
For More Information
2014-05-02 - Initial description.