WestGrid and Compute Canada facilities are designated for Canadian researchers or those collaborating on Canadian research projects. In general, any academic researcher from a Canadian research institution with significant high performance computing requirements to support his or her research may apply for an account.
Any Compute Canada user can access modest quantities of compute, storage and cloud resources as soon as they register with the Compute Canada DataBase (CCDB). This Rapid Access Service allows users to start working right away. Many research groups can meet their all their resource request needs through using the Rapid Access method. Users requiring larger resource quantities can apply to one of Compute Canada's annual Resource Allocation Competitions.
- Eligibility & Conditions of Use - explains who is eligible for a Compute Canada / WestGrid account and other requirements of use.
- Getting an Account - outlines the procedure to apply for a Compute Canada / WestGrid account.
- Registering with CCDB - prospective WestGrid users must register with the CCDB prior to applying for a WestGrid account
- Account Renewal & Expiry - information on the annual Compute Canada account renewal process.
- Passwords - password management, security and retrival details
- Resource Allocations - details on how computing and other resources are allocated between all the users.
- Acknowledging Compute Canada / WestGrid - guidelines for referencing work supported by Compute Canada / WestGrid inlcuding logo files.