You are here
Team Lead - Research Support Position, UofA
The Academic Information and Communication Technologies (AICT) department at the University of Alberta is seeking a Team Lead - Research Support.
To apply, please click here. The closing date is August 16, 2010.
- Ensures that the AICT computing cluster is supported so that all University of Alberta researchers can run their research computing code to obtain data and results
- Ensures that numerical and statistical servers are used to support researchers in running their larger numerical and statistical projects using applications such as SAS, MatLab, etc; like the research cluster, this service has to be maintained, kept available, and utilizes the scheduling software
- Houses licenses associated with licensed applications purchased by the University
- Provides scientific visualization services
- Supports 3D printer services
- Contributes, and is a partner to the WestGrid consortium, which provides high performance computing services and support to the research community within Western Canada
- Contributes to, and is a part of the following projects and initiatives: Cybera, Canarie, Canadian Foundation for Innovation (CFI), and Atlas Canada
- Responsible for developing and delivering to the research community, a series of instructional workshops each year which explains the methods and tools to effectively use the multitude of HPC computing resources
- Responsible for financial management that includes annual expenditures of $1,254,000; annual revenue of $145,000; annual institutional services of $20,000; and sustainable capital of $100,000
- Guides an eleven member team working with all U of A researchers on their computational programs
- University degree in any science/engineering/medicine/arts discipline; Masters degree is strongly preferred; PhD is highly desirable
- Completion of accredited supervisory and management training
- Has at least the ITIL Foundation experience
- 5 years of experience managing research computer analysts and system administrators and programmers
- 5 years of experience working in a scientific research organization
- Supervision and training experience
- Excellent business administration and resource planning skills
- Excellent communication (oral and written), organizational, time management and problem solving skills
To view the complete job description, click here.