You are here
Using WestGrid - Tips for Submitting Jobs & Moving Data
Hosted by WestGrid, this two-hour online tutorial is targeted at new WestGrid account holders and will provide step-by-step demonstrations for getting started using WestGrid computing facilities.
This introductory-level session will include hands-on demonstrations of how to log in, submit jobs, move data, and troubleshoot problems. Any faculty members and graduate students in any discipline who have a WestGrid account are invited to attend.
Prerequisite Knowledge and Requirements:
- You must be able to log into jasper.westgrid.ca to participate in this session.
- Basic knowledge of Unix/Linux and scripting (or similar experience) is required. At minimum, participants should know:
- What a man page is.
- How to edit, copy, and delete files.
- How to use top and ps to see resources used of a process.
- What unix environment variables are, how to set and display them.
If you have any questions about this session, please contact us.