You are here
Cloud-Powering Your Research - Intros to Globus & ownCloud
Got data? We can help! Compute Canada delivers world-class infrastructure and support to Canadian researchers and innovators and is powered by a nationally coordinated network of advanced research computing hardware and software resources. Compute Canada has the tools and staff to help you better manage, share, and get the most out of your research data.
WestGrid is pleased to present this online workshop that will explore two free and easy-to-use data management tools available to all Compute Canada users:
- Part 1: Intro to ownCloud – Shareable, Dropbox-like storage held in Canada and available across multiple devices.
- Part 2: Intro to Globus – Fast, secure sharing and fire-and-forget file transfers.
Pre-requisite Knowledge / Requirements:
To participate in the session’s hands-on demonstrations, you will need to complete the following steps prior to May 10. Account requests can take up to 2-3 business days to process so please allow adequate lead time prior to the session.
- Register for this session by clicking the "Register Online" button on this page.
- Ensure you have a Compute Canada and WestGrid account. To register for a Compute Canada account, click here. Instructions for registering for a WestGrid account can be found here. An ownCloud account is automatically created for you once you have a WestGrid account.
- Create a Compute Canada Globus account. To register for an account, click here.
- Note: Having basic U/Linux knowledge and script command use is required for participating in the demonstration.
If you have any questions about this session or would like more information, please contact us.