You are here
Intro to OpenMP: Part 2
This online workshop will build on the Intro to OpenMP: Part 1 session (delivered on January 31). This session will delve deeper into using OpenMP and introduce new OpenMP directives to tackle hard-to-parallelize problems. Participants will be led through a series of hands-on, interactive examples during the workshop.
The topics covered include:
- Review of the loop parallelism
- Load balancing
- Conditional multithreading
Who Should Attend:
- This session is intended for current WestGrid / Compute Canada account holders who have experience with programming in C/C++ or FORTRAN and would like to learn how to use OpenMP directives in their code.
Pre-Requisite Skills / Knowledge:
- All attendees must have familiarity with logging in to WestGrid systems, using UNIX and basic job script commands. If you are a new user who has never written C/C++ or FORTRAN code before, this session may not be suited for you at this time.
- All attendees must have accounts with Compute Canada and WestGrid