You are here
Webinar - Intro to OpenMP: Part 1
This online workshop explores how to use OpenMP to improve the speed of serial jobs on multi-core machines. Participants are led through a series of hands-on, interactive examples, focusing on multi-threading parallel programming.
The topics covered include:
- Basic OpenMP operations
- Reduction variables
Who Should Attend:
- This session is intended for current Compute Canada account holders who have experience with programming in C/C++ or FORTRAN and would like to learn how to use OpenMP directives in their code.
Pre-Requisite Skills / Knowledge:
- All attendees must have familiarity with logging in to WestGrid systems, using UNIX and basic job script commands. If you are a new user who has never written C/C++ or FORTRAN code before, this session may not be suited for you at this time.
- All attendees must have accounts with Compute Canada and WestGrid.
- All attendess must login to the Grex system prior to the session (or have prior experience doing this) to test their connection to the system.
How to Participate:
- Anyone interested should register for the session on Eventbrite
- The session will be delivered using Vidyo (online videoconferencing software). Instructions will be sent for how to connect to the session will be sent 1-2 days prior to the session.
Please email email@example.com for more information or with any questions about this session.