Does your research rely on computing, or are you curious about research data management and other library-assisted research topics? Then join the University of Alberta IST Team for its Winter Bootcamps taking place January 27 - February 7. Whether your questions revolve around scheduling jobs or data analysis, they have an abundance of workshops.
This week-long event is designed for faculty members, students, postdoctoral fellows, and other researchers across campus. Registrants can partake in workshops on a variety of research computing topics, such as Python, HPC clusters, data management planning, and more!
Registration is free and open to all. Anyone who wishes to learn more about research computing is welcome to attend. Sign up early as these workshops often have waitlists for registration.
Workshops / Sessions
- Introduction to Python, Pandas, and Plotting
- HPC: Shell
- HPC: Essentials
- HPC: Beyond
- Research Solutions Networking
- Intermediate Python: Parallelism
- Intermediate Python: Plotting
- Introduction to R
- Scheduling (aka How do I get more work done on a cluster?)
- Introduction to OpenRefine
- Research Security Panel
- Supporting research data deposit with Dataverse