You are here
WestGrid Job Postings
WestGrid has two positions opening this week.
Junior Platform Developer
The Junior Platforms Developer is responsible for software and service development projects associated with scientific gateways for researchers within western Canada. This could range from developing online tools for research groups to submit their work to our high performance computing systems, to helping implement filesharing services to deploying cloud based platforms to enable international research collaborations.
- Software development to create, extend, implement, and maintain portals, scientific gateways, and advanced computing software tools and databases.
- Development of middleware and infrastructure services.
- Provide support as appropriate to various researchers for their portal and platform project needs.
- Collaborate effectively with technical and non-technical colleagues and research staff.
- Create internal processes and user documentation.
- Participate in Compute Canada’s national technical teams to contribute to the development of national services and support.
- Advise senior management on new services, resources, and opportunities and contribute to an ongoing needs assessment to address the gaps in service delivery for platform and portal projects.
Deadline to Apply: Monday, December 17, 2018
Research Computing Training Assistant
The Research Computing Training Assistant is responsible for supporting and delivering research computing training sessions across all WestGrid Member institutions online, in-person, or over multiple days. This includes working with the Training & Visualization Coordinator to identify gaps in current training areas and developing new training materials and courses.
Working with the Training and Visualization Coordinator, the Research Computing Training Assistant will be responsible for:
- Providing regular training and outreach on a variety of research computing topics, with a focus on new user and non-traditional HPC domain support. This includes selecting relevant topics, developing training material, managing event logistics, coordinating with relevant communication teams, delivering training and outreach sessions, and training other staff members to provide seminars and workshops.
- Supporting researchers in their research computing support needs including responding to requests by email, through the ticketing system and in person, as required.
- Developing new training materials and courses.
- Contributing to a vision and annual training and outreach plan for WestGrid and implementing the plan across the Member institutions.
- Acting as a liaison with WestGrid Member institutions in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba on all matters with respect to research computing support and training.
- Writing research computing support and training documentation for users.
- Participating in the work of the national Compute Canada education, outreach and training team.
- Contributing to regional or national HPC- or scientific computing-related training (e.g. Software Carpentry, Summer Schools).
Deadline to Apply: Wednesday, January 2, 2019