You are here
WestGrid is seeking an experienced and highly motivated individual to take on the role of Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the Senior Management Team of four executives. He/she works under minimal supervision to support a distributed and diverse team, using collaboration tools such as cloud-based documents and videoconferencing technologies. Candidate will be required to travel for meetings, mostly within Western Canada.
The Executive Assistant will be responsible for the following administrative tasks:
- Planning logistics for events and meetings (room bookings, catering, A/V, etc);
- Taking minutes, managing calendars, triaging emails;
- Organizing various staff and committee meetings;
- Handling expense reports and other day to day administration;
- Coordinating travel logistics with detailed itineraries; and
- Providing direct support to the CEO for Board and Board sub-committee meetings including preparing Board agenda packages and supporting documentation.
Qualifications and Competencies
The successful candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Minimum three-year Community College Diploma in Office or Business Administration; an Undergraduate University Degree is preferred.
- Proven administrative skills supporting a senior leader with at least three years' administrative experience supporting a team, taking meeting minutes, and preparing agenda packages.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a distributed team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and confidence dealing with all levels of an organization.
- Strong digital literacy skills with proficiency using Mac programs, videoconferencing technologies, Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the Google Suite of apps (Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail, Forms and Calendar).
- Highly organized and efficient with meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work from a home office; irregular hours may be required periodically to account for time zones and urgent matters (all to be addressed virtually).
- Ability to be discreet and maintain confidential information.
- Passion for Technology and/or Research an asset.
WestGrid is a distributed organization throughout Western Canada. The successful candidate will primarily work remotely from a home-based office. A Western Canada location is preferred for new employees.
What We Offer
WestGrid is a team of highly collaborative, enthusiastic people who believe passionately in the importance of supporting Canada’s research community. You’ll work remotely via video conferencing with team members from across Canada, to support some of Canada’s brightest minds, including current and future Nobel prize winners. You will help enable research that is world-class to solve some of our biggest scientific challenges, such as mapping the human brain, curing diseases, and reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
We offer competitive pay, professional development and training, a comprehensive benefits package, and matching RRSP contributions. We provide an inclusive, flexible, and supportive working environment.
Please apply in confidence no later than Friday, June 14 at 4pm PDT.
Please email one PDF including resume and cover letter, referencing the position that you are applying for to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your interest, only those being considered for interviews will be contacted.
$45,000 - $60,000 annually plus benefits. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.